Friday 2 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Desi Arnaz and John Gardner (composer).
The Poor Little Rich Girl, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1917 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Desi Arnaz: Cuban-American musician and actor.
- John Gardner (composer)
- John Gardner: composer.
- Roger Toussaint: Longeville en Bar Military man.
- David Goodis: American author and screenwriter (d. 1967).
- Jim Konstanty: baseball player (National League Most Valuable Player 1950).
- Jones Act: Puerto Rico territory created, US citizenship granted.
- The enactment of the Jones Act grants Puerto Ricans United States citizenship.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson begins his second term.
- Jeannette Rankin of Montana becomes the first woman member of the United States House of Representatives.
- (N.S.) (February 23, O.S.) ndash The Russian February Revolution begins with the overthrow of the Tsar.
- Women calling for bread in Petrograd start riots, which spontaneously spread throughout the city.
- The United States Senate adopts the cloture rule in order to limit filibusters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Hawaiian Sunshine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- It's a Long, Long Time Since I've Been Home - Irving Kaufman
- Pray for the Lights to Go Out - George O'Connor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?