Friday 2 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Gardner and Desi Arnaz.
The Poor Little Rich Girl, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1917 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- John Gardner: composer.
- Desi Arnaz: Cuban-American musician and actor.
- Roger Toussaint: Longeville en Bar Military man.
- David Goodis: American author and screenwriter (d. 1967).
- Jim Konstanty: baseball player (National League Most Valuable Player 1950).
- Jones Act: Puerto Rico territory created, US citizenship granted.
- The enactment of the Jones Act grants Puerto Ricans United States citizenship.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson begins his second term.
- Jeannette Rankin of Montana becomes the first woman member of the United States House of Representatives.
- (N.S.) (February 23, O.S.) ndash The Russian February Revolution begins with the overthrow of the Tsar.
- Women calling for bread in Petrograd start riots, which spontaneously spread throughout the city.
- The United States Senate adopts the cloture rule in order to limit filibusters.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 March 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Hawaiian Sunshine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- It's a Long, Long Time Since I've Been Home - Irving Kaufman
- Pray for the Lights to Go Out - George O'Connor
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?