Friday 23 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include H C Allen and Patricia Burke.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1917 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- H C Allen: American historian.
- Patricia Burke: Milan, Italy -- Actress (Forbidden).
- Johnny Guarnieri New York City: New York, jazz pianist (Morey Amsterdam Show).
- Rodrigo Facio Brenes: Costa Rican lawyer, teacher, economist and politician.
- Armando Testa: Italian executive and advertising director whose work is well-known and often quoted.
- Tornadoes kills 211 over 4 days in Midwest US
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Yaddie Kaddie Kiddie Kaddie Koo - Van & Schenck
- Hawaii and You - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes at Me For? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?