Friday 23 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Armando Testa and Patricia Burke.
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1917 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Armando Testa: Italian executive and advertising director whose work is well-known and often quoted.
- Patricia Burke: Milan, Italy -- Actress (Forbidden).
- Kenneth Tobey: American actor (d. 2002).
- H C Allen: American historian.
- Harry Allen: English historian (d. 1998).
- Johnny Guarnieri New York City: New York, jazz pianist (Morey Amsterdam Show).
- Rodrigo Facio Brenes: Costa Rican lawyer, teacher, economist and politician.
- Tornadoes kills 211 over 4 days in Midwest US
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Prince's Orchestra
- There's Egypt in Your Dreamy Eyes - George Wilson