Saturday 4 February 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Schuck in Boston and Stan Lundine American politician (Representative-Democrat-New York.
Made for Each Other, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1939 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- John Schuck in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actor/comedian (McMillan and Wife, Holmes and Yo-Yo).
- Stan Lundine American politician (Representative-Democrat-New York: 1976-86).
- Jacques Charlier: Belgian sculptor.
- P Horton: American photographer and teacher, a visiting instructor at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn since 1977.
- Glenn Cunningham (top miler) says 4-minute mile beyond human effort.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?