Friday 19 September 1941US date format: 9/19/1941, UK date format: 19/9/1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 19, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Cass Elliot and Gérard Corbiau.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1941 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Cass Elliot: American singer, overweight and...
- Gérard Corbiau: Belgian film director, he started his...
- Umberto Bossi: Italian politician.
- Mama Cass Elliot: American musician (d. 1974).
- Jim Fox: England, United Kingdom -- Pentathlete...
- Peter Horton: Austrian guitarist, songwriter, TV...
- Mariangela Melato: Italian actress of stage and film who...
- 1st meeting of partizans Tito and Draza Mihailovic in Yugoslavia
- German army conquerors Kiev