Saturday 4 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 4, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Cutler and J Danforth Quayle.
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1947 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Chris Cutler: American-English drummer and songwriter (Henry Cow Art Bears News from Babel Cassiber The Science Group and Brainville).
- J Danforth Quayle: (Sen-R-Ind, 44th VP 1989-93) / rich draft dodger.
- Marie-Thérèse Letablier: French sociologist and academic.
- Rick Stein: English chef and television presenter.
- Park Avenue closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 72 performances
- Show Boat closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 417 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five