Saturday 4 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J Danforth Quayle and Chris Cutler.
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Gentleman's Agreement by Laura Z. Hobson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1947 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- J Danforth Quayle: (Sen-R-Ind, 44th VP 1989-93) / rich draft dodger.
- Chris Cutler: American-English drummer and songwriter (Henry Cow Art Bears News from Babel Cassiber The Science Group and Brainville).
- Marie-Thérèse Letablier: French sociologist and academic.
- Rick Stein: English chef and television presenter.
- Park Avenue closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 72 performances
- Show Boat closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 417 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?