Thursday 4 August 1910
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William H Schuman and Bruno Coquatrix.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while A Modern Chronicle by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1910 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- William H Schuman: NYC, New York -- Composer (American Festival Overture, Juilliard).
- Bruno Coquatrix: Ronchin Writer.
- Anita Page: American actress and singer (d. 2008).
- William Schuman: American composer and educator (d. 1992).
- Hedda Sterne: Romanian-American painter and photographer (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- What's the Matter with Father? - Billy Murray
- That Lovin' Rag - Sophie Tucker
- He's a College Boy - American Quartet
- Dill Pickles Rag - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?