Thursday 4 July 1940, US Independence DayUS date format: 7/4/1940, UK date format: 4/7/1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Rowberry and Pat Stapleton (ice hockey).
Maryland, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1940 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Dave Rowberry: English pianist and songwriter (The...
- Pat Stapleton (ice hockey)
- Jean-Pierre Dubois: French race horse owner, trainer and...
- Günther Kranner: Austrian dancer.
- Joost P van Iersel: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Pat Stapleton: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Karolyn Grimes: American actress.
- Walter Greenman: Horse trainer.
- British destroys French battle fleet at Oran, Algeria, 1267 die
- German occupiers forbids anti-Nazis speeches