Thursday 4 July 1940, US Independence Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Rowberry and Pat Stapleton (ice hockey).
Maryland, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1940 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Dave Rowberry: English pianist and songwriter (The Animals) (d. 2003).
- Pat Stapleton (ice hockey)
- Jean-Pierre Dubois: French race horse owner, trainer and breeder, and former jockey who twice won the Prix d'Amérique - on High Echelon (1979) and Hymour (1982).
- Günther Kranner: Austrian dancer.
- Joost P van Iersel: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Pat Stapleton: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Karolyn Grimes: American actress.
- Walter Greenman: Horse trainer.
- British destroys French battle fleet at Oran, Algeria, 1267 die
- German occupiers forbids anti-Nazis speeches