Friday 5 May 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilles Grangier and Frater Albertus.
The Lost Chord, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1911 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Gilles Grangier: French film director and screenwriter.
- Frater Albertus: German alchemist, occultist, author; he founded the Paracelsus Research Society in Salt Lake City,UT.
- Edward Devitt: St Paul various.
- Giles Grangier: film director.
- Pritilata Waddedar: Indian educator and activist (d. 1932).
- Andor Lilienthal: Russian-Hungarian chess player (d. 2010).
- Phillip Edmund: Clinton Manson-Bahr specialist in tropical medicine.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Pirates of Penzance - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Arthur Clough
- Think It Over, Mary - Byron G. Harlan