Sunday 5 April 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 5, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Greenaway and Allan Clarke in Salford.
Kid Glove Killer, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1942 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Peter Greenaway: Welsh director and screenwriter.
- Allan Clarke in Salford: Lancashire, England; rock vocalist (The Hollies - "The Air That I Breathe").
- Pascal Couchepin: Swiss politician, the President of Switzerland in 2003 and 2008.
- Kitty Kelley: Journalist.
- Louis Tschandin: French homicide; shot his mistress and her lover to death on 5/08/1983, Colmar, France.
- Allan Clarke: English singer-songwriter (The Hollies).
- Alain Pompidou: French scientist and politician.
- World War II: The Imperial Japanese Navy launches a carrier-based air attack on Colombo, Ceylon during the Indian Ocean Raid. Port and civilian facilities are damaged and the Royal Navy cruisers HMS Cornwall and HMS Dorsetshire are sunk southwest of the island.