Tuesday 5 February 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 5, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicolae Ceausescu and Kara Abulfazogli.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 February 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1918 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Nicolae Ceausescu: Romanian politician, an indestructible dictator for 24 years and one of history's mass murderers.
- Kara Abulfazogli: Karayev composer.
- Elie Dufour: St-Pompon Military man.
- V Dharmalingam: Sri Lankan Tamil politician (d. 1985).
- Separation of church and state begins in the USSR
- Stephen W. Thompson shoots down a German airplane. It is the first aerial victory by the U.S. military.
- SS Tuscania (1914) is torpedoed off the coast of Ireland; it is the first ship carrying American troops to Europe to be torpedoed and sunk.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Stellar Quartet & Charles Harrison
- Where the Morning Glories Grow - Elizabeth Spencer & Sterling Trio
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Geraldine Farrar