Sunday 5 January 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ollie Matson and Frederick Charles Tillis.
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1930 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Ollie Matson
- Frederick Charles Tillis: Composer.
- Richard Hayes in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; singer/emcee (Name That Tune).
- Edward Galven Givens Jr in Quanah: Texas, USA; Major US Air Force/astronaut.
- Alfred Masini: American television producer (d. 2010).
- Mao Tse-tung writes "A Single Spark Can Start a Prairie Fire".
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?