Sunday 5 January 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ollie Matson and Richard Hayes in Passaic.
Woman to Woman, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1930 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Ollie Matson
- Richard Hayes in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; singer/emcee (Name That Tune).
- Edward Galven Givens Jr in Quanah: Texas, USA; Major US Air Force/astronaut.
- Frederick Charles Tillis: Composer.
- Jean Guernalec: France sport Champion.
- Al Masini: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2010).
- Alfred Masini: American television producer (d. 2010).
- Mao Tse-tung writes "A Single Spark Can Start a Prairie Fire".