Monday 5 February 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include HR Giger and Roland Mitoraj.
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1940 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- HR Giger: Swiss surrealist painter, sculptor, and set designer.
- Roland Mitoraj: .
- H Giger: Swiss painter sculptor and set designer (d. 2014).
- Luke Graham: American wrestler (Born 1940).
- Dick Warlock: Canadian actor and stuntman.
- Gen Winckelman replaces General Reijnders as Dutch Supreme Commander
- Glenn Miller and his Orchestra record Tuxedo Junction
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 February 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?