Monday 5 February 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include H R Giger and HR Giger.
Castle on the Hudson, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1940 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- H R Giger
- HR Giger: Swiss surrealist painter, sculptor, and set designer.
- Roland Mitoraj
- H. R. Giger: Artist.
- Luke Graham: American wrestler (Born 1940).
- Dick Warlock: Canadian actor and stuntman.
- H Giger: Swiss painter sculptor and set designer (d. 2014).
- Gen Winckelman replaces General Reijnders as Dutch Supreme Commander
- Glenn Miller and his Orchestra record Tuxedo Junction