Friday 5 December 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Kert and Charles Reinhart.
Rogue of the Rio Grande, directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1930 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Larry Kert: American actor and singer, best known for his performance in "West Side Story.
- Charles Reinhart: American writer on dance for various newspapers and magazines.
- Ronald Terry: American business administrator and CEO of First Tennessee National, a retail and financial lending institution.
- Simon Perillat: France sport Champion.