Sunday 5 October 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pavel Romanovich Popovich and Skip Homeier in Chicago.
Sinners' Holiday, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1930 ?
- Pavel Romanovich Popovich: Ukraine -- Cosmonaut (Vostok IV, Soyuz 14).
- Skip Homeier in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Beachhead, Dakota Incident).
- Harry Curtis: American costume and stage designer.
- Anne Haddy: Australian actress, star of the soap "Neighbors," from 1985.
- Pavel Popovich: Ukrainian general pilot and astronaut (d. 2009).
- Reinhard Selten: German economist and mathematician Nobel Prize laureate
- Christopher Birdwood Thomson: 1st Baron Thomson, British military officer (Born 1875).
- British Airship R101 crashes in France en-route to India on its maiden voyage.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 October 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?