Sunday 5 October 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Haddy and Harry Curtis.
Sinners' Holiday, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1930 ?
- Anne Haddy: Australian actress, star of the soap "Neighbors," from 1985.
- Harry Curtis: American costume and stage designer.
- Pavel Romanovich Popovich: Ukraine -- Cosmonaut (Vostok IV, Soyuz 14).
- Skip Homeier in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Beachhead, Dakota Incident).
- Pavel Popovich: Ukrainian general pilot and astronaut (d. 2009).
- Reinhard Selten: German economist and mathematician Nobel Prize laureate.
- Christopher Birdwood Thomson: 1st Baron Thomson, British military officer (Born 1875).
- British Airship R101 crashes in France en-route to India on its maiden voyage.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?