Sunday 6 April 1941US date format: 4/6/1941, UK date format: 6/4/1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 6, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Gheorghe Zamfir and Hans W Geissendorfer in Augsburg.
Border Vigilantes, directed by Derwin Abrahams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1941 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Gheorghe Zamfir: Romanian flute player and composer.
- Hans W Geissendorfer in Augsburg: Germany; director (Sternsteinhof).
- Hans W Geissendorfer: German filmmaker.
- Don ''The Snake'' Prudhomme: American drag racer.
- Michael Moriarty: Actor.
- Phil Austin: American comedian actor and screenwriter...
- Hans Geißendörfer: German director and producer.
- Don Prudhomme: American race car driver and manager.
- Christopher Allsopp: English economist and academic.
- Begin oper Bestrafung-Germany bomb attacks Belgrade (17,000 die)
- Italian held Addis Ababa surrenders to British and Ethiopian forces
- British General Gambier-Parry is caught in North Africa.
- German bombardment on Piraeus (munitions ship explodes).
- 8th Golf Masters Championship: Craig Wood wins, shooting a 280.
- World War II: Nazi Germany launches Operation 25 (the invasion of Kingdom of Yugoslavia) and Operation Marita (the invasion of Greece).