Wednesday 6 August 1919US date format: 8/6/1919, UK date format: 6/8/1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Betz and Pauline Betz Addie.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1919 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Pauline Betz: American tennis player and champion of the Wimbledon Women's Singles in 1946.
- Pauline Betz Addie: Dayton, Ohio -- Tennis champ (Wimbledon 1946).
- Guy Breton: Gien Writer.
- 1st air flight over a major body of water in Australia (Harry Butler)
- Romanian forces destroys Bela Kun Republic in Budapest
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Al Jolson
- Spirt of Independence March - Conway's Band