Wednesday 6 August 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Betz Addie and Pauline Betz.
The Mask, directed by Ewald Andr Dupont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1919 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Pauline Betz Addie: Dayton, Ohio -- Tennis champ (Wimbledon 1946).
- Pauline Betz: American tennis player and champion of the Wimbledon Women's Singles in 1946.
- Guy Breton: Gien Writer.
- 1st air flight over a major body of water in Australia (Harry Butler)
- Romanian forces destroys Bela Kun Republic in Budapest
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Somebody's Waiting for Someone - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- A Rose, a Kiss, and You - John Steel
- Oh, Susy, Behave - Fred Van Eps
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?