Monday 11 August 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ginette Neveu and Luis Olmo.
Deliverance, directed by George Foster Platt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1919 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Ginette Neveu: French classical violinist, she died in a plane crash en route to New-York with her brother Jean (and with boxer Marcel Cerdan), aged 30.
- Luis Olmo: Puerto Rican baseball player and manager.
- Andrew Carnegie: Scottish-American industrialist who consolidated his steel industries in 1899.
- Weimar Republic begins in Germany
- Green Bay Packers football club founded.
- The constitution of the Weimar Republic is adopted.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Al Jolson
- Spirt of Independence March - Conway's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?