Monday 11 August 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 11, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ginette Neveu and Luis Olmo.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1919 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Ginette Neveu: French classical violinist, she died in a plane crash en route to New-York with her brother Jean (and with boxer Marcel Cerdan), aged 30.
- Luis Olmo: Puerto Rican baseball player and manager.
- Andrew Carnegie: Scottish-American industrialist who consolidated his steel industries in 1899.
- Weimar Republic begins in Germany
- Green Bay Packers football club founded.
- The constitution of the Weimar Republic is adopted.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Friends - Sterling Trio
- Egyptland - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Just as We Used to Do - Billy Murray