Wednesday 13 August 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Shearing and Sir George Shearing.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1919 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- George Shearing: Anglo-American jazz pianist (Born 1919).
- Sir George Shearing: British jazz pianist.
- Rex Humbard: American evangelist and television host (d. 2007).
- British troops fire on Amritsar India demonstrators; killing 350
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Friends - Sterling Trio
- Egyptland - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Just as We Used to Do - Billy Murray