Saturday 9 August 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joop den Uyl and Joop [Johannes] den Uyl.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1919 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Joop den Uyl: Dutch politician, Prime Minister of the Netherlands from 1973 until 1977 (Born 1919).
- Joop [Johannes] den Uyl: Dutch Premier (PVDA, 1973-77).
- Ralph Houk baseball manager (New York Yankees: Detroit Tigers).
- Bernardino Del Boca: Italian Theosophist, anthropologist, artist and essay writer.
- Dino De Laurentiis: Director.
- Emilio Vedova: Italian painter, considered one of the most important to emerge from his country's artistic scene, Arte Informale.
- Ralph Houk: American baseball player and manager (d. 2010).
- Joop Uyl: Dutch socialist politician, opposition leader, economist, minister of social and economic affairs and premier.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Al Jolson
- Spirt of Independence March - Conway's Band