Wednesday 27 August 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Dormand [of Eastington] and John Cox.
The High Cost of Living, directed by Deborah Chow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1919 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- John Cox: Flemish / US painter / dir (Museum of Fine Physician, Boston).
- Lord Dormand [of Eastington]: British MP (Labour).
- Isabel De Madariaga: Isabel de Madariaga was a highly respected historian and scholar, who specialised in Russian studies.
- Pee Butts: American baseball player and coach (d. 1972).
- Murray Grand: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2007).