Wednesday 27 August 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Dormand [of Eastington] and John Cox.
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1919 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- John Cox: Flemish / US painter / dir (Museum of Fine Physician, Boston).
- Lord Dormand [of Eastington]: British MP (Labour).
- Isabel De Madariaga: Isabel de Madariaga was a highly respected historian and scholar, who specialised in Russian studies.
- Pee Butts: American baseball player and coach (d. 1972).
- Murray Grand: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2007).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?