Wednesday 27 August 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Dormand [of Eastington] and John Cox.
The High Cost of Living, directed by Deborah Chow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1919 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- John Cox: Flemish / US painter / dir (Museum of Fine Physician, Boston).
- Lord Dormand [of Eastington]: British MP (Labour).
- Isabel De Madariaga: Isabel de Madariaga was a highly respected historian and scholar, who specialised in Russian studies.
- Pee Butts: American baseball player and coach (d. 1972).
- Murray Grand: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2007).