Saturday 23 August 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Oliver and James Quinn.
The Miracle Man, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1919 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Pierre Oliver: Nancy Painters.
- James Quinn: Film producer / actor (Joey, Hammett, Overlord).
- Robert Crichton-Brown: CEO (Rothmans International).
- Vladimir Rokhlin: Azerbaijani mathematician and theorist (d. 1984).
- Gasoline Alley cartoon strip premieres in Chicago Tribune
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?