Saturday 16 August 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antonis Samarakis and Karl-Heinz Euling.
Deliverance, directed by George Foster Platt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1919 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Famous Birthdays:16 August
- August 26 ampndash First Silesian Uprising: The Poles in Upper Silesia rise against the Germans.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Friends - Sterling Trio
- Just as We Used to Do - Billy Murray
- Egyptland - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?