Saturday 6 September 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wilson Greatbatch and Louise LaPlanche.
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1919 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Wilson Greatbatch: American engineer and philanthropist (d. 2011).
- Louise LaPlanche: American actress (d. 2012).
- Worm Pander: Sculptor.
- The U.S. Army expedition across America, which started July 7, ends in San Francisco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?