Saturday 6 September 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wilson Greatbatch and Louise LaPlanche.
A Lion in the House, directed by Steven Bognar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1919 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Wilson Greatbatch: American engineer and philanthropist (d. 2011).
- Louise LaPlanche: American actress (d. 2012).
- Worm Pander: Sculptor.
- The U.S. Army expedition across America, which started July 7, ends in San Francisco.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Arthur Collins