Friday 6 August 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ella Raines and Julien Saelen.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1920 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Ella Raines: Actress (Uncle Harry, Runaround, Impact), dies at 66.
- Julien Saelen: Belgium sport Champion.
- Hubert Germain: Paris 16?me Military man.
- Selma Diamond: Canadian-American actress and screenwriter (d. 1985).
- John Graves: American author (d. 2013).
- Stefan Bastyr: Polish aviator, author of the first military flight in independent Poland (Born 1890).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?