Wednesday 20 August 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Winifred Horst and Walter Bernstein.
The Miracle Man, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1919 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Winifred Horst: American astrologer, a specialist in rectification.
- Walter Bernstein: American screenwriter and producer.
- Greg MacGregor: England cricketer (Born 1869).
- Wichita outfielder Joe Wilhoit (Western League) fails to get a hit, ending a 69-game streak (155 hits in 299 at bats for a .505 average)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Friends - Sterling Trio
- Just as We Used to Do - Billy Murray
- Egyptland - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?