Wednesday 20 August 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Winifred Horst and Walter Bernstein.
The High Cost of Living, directed by Deborah Chow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1919 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Winifred Horst: American astrologer, a specialist in rectification.
- Walter Bernstein: American screenwriter and producer.
- Greg MacGregor: England cricketer (Born 1869).
- Wichita outfielder Joe Wilhoit (Western League) fails to get a hit, ending a 69-game streak (155 hits in 299 at bats for a .505 average)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra