Monday 18 August 1919US date format: 8/18/1919, UK date format: 18/8/1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Joseph Hickel and Walter J.
The High Cost of Living, directed by Deborah Chow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1919 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Walter J: Hickel (Governor-Republican-Alaska)/US Secretary of Interior (1969-71).
- Walter Joseph Hickel: 2nd and 8th Governor of Alaska (d. 2010).
- Justy Specker: France sport Champion.
- Jean-Paul Etcheverry: Lorient Military man.
- Wally Hickel: American businessman and politician 2nd Governor of Alaska (d. 2010).
- Joseph E Seagram: Canadian distillery founder (Born 1841).
- Anti-Cigarette League of America forms in Chicago Illinois
- The Bolshevik fleet at Kronstadt, near Petrograd, Russia, on the Baltic Sea, is mostly destroyed by German warplanes and torpedo boats in a combined operation.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra