Monday 18 August 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter J and Walter Joseph Hickel.
Deliverance, directed by George Foster Platt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1919 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Walter J: Hickel (Governor-Republican-Alaska)/US Secretary of Interior (1969-71).
- Walter Joseph Hickel: 2nd and 8th Governor of Alaska (d. 2010).
- Justy Specker: France sport Champion.
- Jean-Paul Etcheverry: Lorient Military man.
- Wally Hickel: American businessman and politician 2nd Governor of Alaska (d. 2010).
- Joseph E Seagram: Canadian distillery founder (Born 1841).
- Anti-Cigarette League of America forms in Chicago Illinois
- The Bolshevik fleet at Kronstadt, near Petrograd, Russia, on the Baltic Sea, is mostly destroyed by German warplanes and torpedo boats in a combined operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Friends - Sterling Trio
- Just as We Used to Do - Billy Murray
- Egyptland - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?