Friday 6 December 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Bouvard and Alain Tanner.
The Lost Zeppelin, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1929 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Philippe Bouvard: French journalist, TV host and presenter born to an Alsatian jewish mother and to Marcel Bouvard who left his family.
- Alain Tanner: Swiss director producer and screenwriter.
- John Vaccaro: American theatre producer, director, composer, actor and writer.
- King Moody in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Shtarker - Get Smart).
- Frank Springer: American author and illustrator (d. 2009).
- Turkey introduces female suffrage.