Saturday 6 December 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Speck and Bruce Nauman.
The Common Touch, directed by John Baxter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1941 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Richard Speck: American homicide, a mass murderer who gained entry to a dorm for student nurses, knifing and strangling eight and raping one on 7/14/1966.
- Bruce Nauman: American sculptor and illustrator.
- Vittorio Mezzogiorno: Actor (Cafe Express), dies of heart failure at 52.
- John Nelson: San Jose, Costa Rica -- Conductor (Les Troyens of Berlioz).
- Wende Wagner: American model and actress (d. 1997).
- Helen Cornelius in Hannibal: Missouri, USA; country singer (Nashville on the Road).
- Bill Thomas: American academic and politician.
- Dutch and British pilots see Japanese invasion fleet at Singapore.
- New York City Council agrees to build Idlewild (Kennedy) Airport in Queens.
- King Leopold of Belgium marries Lilian Baels.
- World War II: The United Kingdom declares war on Finland in support of the Soviet Union during the Continuation War.
- Soviet counterattacks begin against German troops encircling Moscow. The Wehrmacht is subsequently pushed back over 200 miles.
- WWII: HMS Perseus (N36)is sunk by a mine.