Saturday 6 January 1945, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin John O'Neill and Barry Holstein Lopez.
The Great Flamarion, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1945 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Martin John O'Neill
- Barry Lopez: Author.
- Barry Holstein Lopez: US author (Of Wolves & Men).
- Allen Appel: American author illustrator and photographer.
- Barry John: Irish recipient of the Victoria Cross (Born 1873).
- Future President George Bush marries Barbara Pierce in Rye, New York