Saturday 6 January 1945, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Holstein Lopez and Allen Appel.
Tonight and Every Night, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The White Tower by James Ramsey Ullman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching On Stage, Everybody (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1945!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1945 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Barry Holstein Lopez: US author (Of Wolves & Men).
- Allen Appel: American author illustrator and photographer.
- Barry John: Irish recipient of the Victoria Cross (Born 1873).
- Future President George Bush marries Barbara Pierce in Rye, New York
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 6 January 1945 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?