Saturday January 06, 1906, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/1906, UK date format: 6/1/1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean Blanzat and Benedict Vilakazi South Africa.
The Gay Deceivers, directed by Bruce Kessler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 1906?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 06, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet - How'd You Like to Spoon with Me?
- Sousa's Band - Moonlight