Saturday 6 June 1942US date format: 6/6/1942, UK date format: 6/6/1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 6, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Verheggen and Howie Kane.
The Phantom Plainsmen, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1942 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:06 June
- 1st nylon parachute jump (Hartford Ct-Adeline Gray)
- 74th Belmont: Eddie Arcaro aboard Shut Out wins in 2:29.2
- Japanese forces retreat, ending Battle of Midway
- Japanese troop land on Kiska, Aleutians
- First nylon parachute jump (Adeline Gray in Hartford, Connecticut).
- The Bureau of Engraving and Printing begins printing Series 1934 $5 "HAWAII" emergency Federal Reserve notes.
- World War II: Battle of Midway. U.S. Navy dive bombers sink the Japanese cruiser Mikuma and four Japanese carriers.