Sunday 6 October 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Cremer and George Mattos.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1929 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Bruno Cremer: French actor and comedian and writer of his autobiography entitled "Un certain jeune homme" (A Certain Young Man) in which he claimed that he began his acting career at age 12.
- George Mattos: American pole vaulter (d. 2012).
- 12th PGA Championship: Leo Diegel at Hillcrest Country Club - Los Angeles
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?