Sunday 18 July 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Johnson and Jane Hylton.
Mantrap, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1926 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Bryan Johnson: Singer / actor.
- Jane Hylton: London, England -- Actress (Adventures of Sir Lancelot, Daybreak).
- Richard Pasco: English actor (Gorgon, Arch of Triumph).
- Robert Sloman: writer (d. 2005).
- Dan Edwards: American gridiron football player and coach.
- Margaret Laurence: Canadian novelist and short story writer, one of the major figures in Canadian literature. She was also a founder of the Writers' Trust of Canada, a non-profit literary organization that seeks to encourage Canada's writing community.
- Bernard Pons: French physician and politician. Married once, five children.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Muskrat Ramble
- Reaching for the Moon - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?