Saturday 6 September 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Salvatore DeGiorgi and Charles Foley.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1930 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Salvatore DeGiorgi: Italian ecclesiastic in the Roman Catholic religion.
- Charles Foley: American game designer co-created Twister (d. 2013).
- Akiji Kobayashi: Japanese actor (d. 1996).
- Helmut Piirimäe: Estonian historian and academic.
- Brooklyn Dodgers beat Philadelphia Phillies 22-8.
- Democratically elected Argentine president Hipolito Yrigoyen is deposed in a military coup.
- José Félix Uriburu carries out a successful military coup, overthrowing Hipólito Yrigoyen, President of Argentina.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 September 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?