Friday 6 September 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Murray and Jackie Trent.
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1940 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Elizabeth Murray: American painter and illustrator (d. 2007).
- Jackie Trent: English-Spanish singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2015).
- Crown Prince Michael succeeds Carol II as King of Romania
- Generalissimo Gamelin arrested in France
- King Carol II of Romania abdicates and is succeeded by his son Michael.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?