Friday 6 September 1940US date format: 9/6/1940, UK date format: 6/9/1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie Trent and Elizabeth Murray.
No Time for Comedy, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1940 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jackie Trent: English-Spanish singer-songwriter and...
- Elizabeth Murray: American painter and illustrator (d....
- Crown Prince Michael succeeds Carol II as King of Romania
- Generalissimo Gamelin arrested in France
- King Carol II of Romania abdicates and is succeeded by his son Michael.