Saturday 7 February 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 7, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ton [ACHM] .
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1942 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Ton [ACHM]: de Kok; Dutch Member of Parliament (CDA).
- Maritime Commission fleet operations transferred to War Shipping Administration (lasting until September 1, 1946).
- António Óscar Carmona is elected president of Portugal.
- WWII: Top United States military leaders hold their first formal meeting to discuss American military strategy in the war.
- Daylight saving time goes into effect in the United States.
- Post of Chief of the Air Force Staff created.
- The ocean liner catches fire while being converted into the troopship USS ''Lafayette'' (AP-53) for WWII.