Friday 7 January 1916, Orthodox Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Keres and Gerrit Schulte [Le Fou Pedalant].
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1916 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Paul Keres: Estonian-Finnish chess player and theoretician (d. 1975).
- Gerrit Schulte [Le Fou Pedalant]: Dutch six day bicyclist.
- Gerrit Schulte: Netherlands sport Champion.
- W Jeyasingham: Sri Lankan geographer and academic (d. 1989).
- German troops conquer Fort Vaux at Verdun.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- I Think We've Got Another Washington (Wilson is His Name) - Peerless Quartet
- Noche Serena (Calm Night) - Emilio DeGogorza
- America, I Love You - Sam Ash
- They Didn't Believe Me - Walter Van Brunt & Gladys Rice