Monday 3 January 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Furness New York City and Antonio Estevez.
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching FoxyTv (1916 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1916 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Betty Furness New York City: New York, actress/consumer activist (Studio 1).
- Antonio Estevez: composer.
- Bernard Greenhouse: American cellist.
- Maxene Andrews: American soprano singer, the middle child of the three siblings known as The Andrews Sisters, a close harmony singing group of the swing and boogie-woogie eras.
- Yves Gibeau: French writer, a novelist strongly influenced by his origins.
- Betty Furness: American actress and television journalist (d. 1994)
- Grenville M Dodge: American Major General (Born 1831).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Back Home in Tennessee - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?