Monday 3 January 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maxene Andrews and Yves Gibeau.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1916 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Maxene Andrews: American soprano singer, the middle child of the three siblings known as The Andrews Sisters, a close harmony singing group of the swing and boogie-woogie eras.
- Yves Gibeau: French writer, a novelist strongly influenced by his origins.
- Betty Furness New York City: New York, actress/consumer activist (Studio 1).
- Antonio Estevez: composer.
- Bernard Greenhouse: American cellist.
- Betty Furness: American actress and television journalist (d. 1994).
- Grenville M Dodge: American Major General (Born 1831).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- I Think We've Got Another Washington (Wilson is His Name) - Peerless Quartet
- Noche Serena (Calm Night) - Emilio DeGogorza
- America, I Love You - Sam Ash
- They Didn't Believe Me - Walter Van Brunt & Gladys Rice