Sunday 16 January 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Stewart and Russell Lloyd.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1916 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Frederick Stewart: British geologist.
- Russell Lloyd: Welsh film editor who amassed fifty credits on feature films.
- Yves Trevedy: France Painter.
- Philip Lucock: Australian politician and Presbyterian minister (d. 1996).
- Arnold Aletrino Dutch physician-criminologist (From Death): dies at age 57.