Thursday 13 January 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Osa Massen and Bella Lewitsky.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1916 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Osa Massen: Copenhagen, Denmark -- Actress (Jack London, Rocketship XM).
- Bella Lewitsky: choreographer.
- Øivind Eckhoff: Norwegian pianist and music teacher.
- Marie Weill-Halle: Le Bouscat physician.
- WWI: The Battle of Wadi occurs between Allied British and Ottoman Empire forces, during the Mesopotamian campaign in modern-day Iraq.
- In Browning, Montana, the temperature drops from +6.7°C to -48.8°C (44°F to -56°F) in one day, the greatest change ever on record for a 24-hour period.
- ''Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad'': The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the national income tax.