Thursday 7 April 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 7, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Fast Five, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Toys by James Patterson, Neil McMahon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation or Beatmania IIDX 19: Lincle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 April 2011 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 April
- A Mexican Drug War-related march inspired by the killing of seven people, one of whom was the son of prominent poet and journalist Javier Sicilia, occur in more than 20 Mexican cities, with marchers chanting ampquotNo more blood!ampquot. (LA Times)
- 1.5 million people participate in nationwide street demonstrations against the policies of President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos, with police using tear gas on protesters. (BBC)
- Médecins Sans Frontières releases a report accusing Bahrain's military of deliberately targeting doctors and hospitals, ampquotparalyzingampquot them, and turning them into ampquotplaces to be fearedampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- NATO kills at least 13 Libyan rebels and injures many more in an air raid near Ajdabiya after rebels reportedly fired on NATO planes, though there is speculation that the air-strike may have come from Gaddafi's fighter jets evading the no fly zone. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States considers putting troops on the ground. (CBS)
- The Assad regime grants nationality to thousands of Kurds in al-Hasaka in a bid to appease protesters. (Al Jazeera)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Hamas militants fire an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, critically injuring a teenage boy and the driver, and then fire 45 mortars and 3 rockets at towns in southern Israel the Israeli army launches a counterattack in Gaza, killing five people and injuring a number of others (CNN)
- A man bursts into a school with a gun and kills 12 people in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, before he commits suicide. (Al Jazeera)
- An Iranian asylum seeker self-immolates to death in central Amsterdam. (BBC)
- 25 people are killed in a bomb assault in the Nigerian town Suleja. (THEWILL)
- China's foreign ministry confirms police are investigating artist and government critic Ai Weiwei, who disappeared over the weekend, for suspected economic crimes amid reports that he has been force-fed milk powder while on hunger strike in prison in reference to his campaigns against the 2008 Chinese milk scandal. (Al Jazeera)
- Politicians in Montreal call for French rock star Bertrand Cantat to be denied entry after Théâtre du Nouveau Monde hires him for some plays by Sophocles. (BBC)
- Eurozone interest rates are raised to 1.25 per cent from the record low of 1 per cent by the European Central Bank (ECB) amid concerns this could cause problems for countries such as Portugal and the Republic of Ireland. (Al Jazeera)
- The Australian dollar reaches a 28-year high against the United States dollar due to strong employment figures for March. (''The Australian'')
- General Electric Co. announces that it is investing $600 million to construct a facility for the manufacture of thin-film solar panels, and says it hopes and expects to drive the price of solar energy down. (Reuters)
- Officials give no hope for the missing migrants of yesterday's fatal boat disaster off Lampedusa in the Mediterranean Sea. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Country Song - Seether
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.63
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $97.15
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $85.45
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.35
- 1 CHF = 7.1438 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8284 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.955 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.854 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?