Monday 8 May 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wilhelm F de Gaay Fortman and Robert Dinel.
Privatsekretæren, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1911 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Wilhelm F de Gaay Fortman: Dutch lawyer / Foreign Minister.
- Robert Dinel: France Actor.
- Robert Johnson: US Delta-blues singer / guitarist, poisoned at 27.
- Wilhelm de Gaay Fortman: Dutch jurist and politician Dutch Minister of The Interior (d. 1997).
- Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa launches an attack against government troops in Ciudad Juarez without Madero's permission the government troops surrender on May 10.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 May 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Arthur Clough
- Think It Over, Mary - Byron G. Harlan
- Gems from The Pirates of Penzance - Victor Light Opera Co.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?