Monday 8 May 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Johnson and Wilhelm F de Gaay Fortman.
The Manicure Lady, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1911 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Robert Johnson: US Delta-blues singer / guitarist, poisoned at 27.
- Wilhelm F de Gaay Fortman: Dutch lawyer / Foreign Minister.
- Robert Dinel: France Actor.
- Wilhelm de Gaay Fortman: Dutch jurist and politician Dutch Minister of The Interior (d. 1997).
- Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa launches an attack against government troops in Ciudad Juarez without Madero's permission the government troops surrender on May 10.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some of These Days - American Quartet
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray & American Quartet
- Oh, That We Two Were Maying - Elizabeth Wheeler