Monday 8 May 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Johnson and Wilhelm F de Gaay Fortman.
The Manicure Lady, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1911 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Robert Johnson: US Delta-blues singer / guitarist, poisoned at 27.
- Wilhelm F de Gaay Fortman: Dutch lawyer / Foreign Minister.
- Robert Dinel: France Actor.
- Wilhelm de Gaay Fortman: Dutch jurist and politician Dutch Minister of The Interior (d. 1997).
- Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa launches an attack against government troops in Ciudad Juarez without Madero's permission the government troops surrender on May 10.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some of These Days - American Quartet
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray & American Quartet
- Oh, That We Two Were Maying - Elizabeth Wheeler