Tuesday 8 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antai Ribari and Benjamin Lees [Lysniansky].
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1924 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Antai Ribari: Composer.
- Benjamin Lees [Lysniansky]: Harbin, Manchuria -- Composer.
- Robert Starer: Vienna, Austria -- Composer.
- Julian Adem: Mexican civil engineer, mathematician, geophysicist, researcher and professor.
- André Figueras: French editor, writer and journalist, known for his pamphleteering activity, having joined the Resistance in 1940.
- Ron Moody: London, England -- Actor (12 Chairs, Wrong is Right)
- Benjamin Lees: Chinese-American soldier and composer (d. 2010)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - John McCormack
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?