Tuesday 8 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 8, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Moody and Benjamin Lees [Lysniansky].
Wild Oranges, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1924 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Ron Moody: London, England -- Actor (12 Chairs, Wrong is Right).
- Benjamin Lees [Lysniansky]: Harbin, Manchuria -- Composer.
- Robert Starer: Vienna, Austria -- Composer.
- Antai Ribari: Composer.
- André Figueras: French editor, writer and journalist, known for his pamphleteering activity, having joined the Resistance in 1940.
- Benjamin Lees: Chinese-American soldier and composer (d. 2010).
- Julian Adem: Mexican civil engineer, mathematician, geophysicist, researcher and professor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rememb'ring - Paul Ash & His Granada Orchestra
- I Love You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old-Fashioned Love - Frank Crumit