Friday 8 February 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Blassie and John Intoxication.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1918 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Fred Blassie: American professional wrestler (Born 1918).
- Lord Maxd Rayne: English broker / multi-millionaire.
- John Intoxication: resistance fighter.
- Pierre Nicolaÿ: French official, who served as Vice President of the Council of State from 1982 to 1987 and as president of the French Institute of Administrative Sciences during the same period.
- Freddie Blassie: American wrestler and manager (d. 2003).
- Stars & Stripes, weekly US armed forces newspaper, 1st published
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Stellar Quartet & Charles Harrison
- Where the Morning Glories Grow - Elizabeth Spencer & Sterling Trio
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Geraldine Farrar