Tuesday 8 January 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Cook (guitarist) and Marjorie Cheney.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1918 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- George Cook (guitarist)
- Marjorie Cheney: American noted family, the mother of Dick Cheney, who was sworn in as vice-president of the United States under G.W.
- George Cook: Canadian musician, a guitarist, singer and country songwriter.
- Mississippi becomes first state to ratify 18th amendment (prohibition).
- President Woodrow Wilson announces his ''Fourteen Points'' for the aftermath of World War I.
- Woodrow Wilson delivers his Fourteen Points speech.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way - Peerless Quartet
- Sailin' Away On the Henry Clay - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?