Tuesday 8 January 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 8, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Cook (guitarist) and Marjorie Cheney.
Stella Maris, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1918 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- George Cook (guitarist)
- Marjorie Cheney: American noted family, the mother of Dick Cheney, who was sworn in as vice-president of the United States under G.W.
- George Cook: Canadian musician, a guitarist, singer and country songwriter.
- Mississippi becomes first state to ratify 18th amendment (prohibition).
- President Woodrow Wilson announces his ''Fourteen Points'' for the aftermath of World War I.
- Woodrow Wilson delivers his Fourteen Points speech.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Melody Land - Shannon Four
- The Old Grey Mare - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan