Saturday 23 February 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard G Butler and Dom Aelred.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1918 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Richard G Butler: founder of Aryan Nations (d. 2004).
- Dom Aelred: Watkin headmaster (Downside School).
- Thomas Gallagher: American writer whose first book, "The Gathering Darkness," was one of ten books nominated for the coveted National Book Award in 1952.
- Richard Butler: American engineer founded the Aryan Nations (d. 2004).
- First victory of Red Army over the Kaiser's German troops near Narva and Pskov. In honor of this victory, the date is celebrated from 1923 onward as ''Red Army Day''; it is renamed Defender of the Fatherland Day after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, and is colloquially known as ''Men's Day''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 February 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Oriental - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- No Place Like Home - Bert Williams
- Some Sunday Morning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Long Boy - Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?