Monday 8 July 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cynthia Gregory and Cynthia Gregory in Louisiana.
Till the End of Time, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1946 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Cynthia Gregory: American dancer, a prima-ballerina, 5' 6" tall, a neoclassical goddess of the dance who stands 6' tall when on Pointe.
- Cynthia Gregory in Louisiana: USA; ballerina (New York Ballet Company).
- Aleksander V Aleksandrov: Russian Composer / conductor, dies at 63.
- Tidbits of 1946 opens at Plymouth Theater NYC for 8 performances
- Baseball grants $5,000 minimum salary