Sunday 8 June 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Deane and Erwin Lehn.
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1919 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- John Deane: United States Army general who served as commander of the United States Army Materiel Command 1975-1977.
- Erwin Lehn: German jazz composer, bandleader and musician.
- Jacob Fabricius: Danish composer (d. 1919).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Samson Et Dalila - Je Viens Celebrer La Victoire (I Come to Celebrate Victory) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?