Friday 23 May 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert KJE Antonissen and Gayatri Devi.
Fool's Gold, directed by Laurence Trimble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1919 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Robert KJE Antonissen: South African literary.
- Gayatri Devi: Indian royalty, born in London, the granddaughter of the Princess Indira Gaekwar of Baroda.
- Betty Garrett: American actress who began with Broadway musicals as a comedy star in her youth.
- Robert Bernstein: American author and playwright (d. 1988).
- Avraham Drori: Polish-Israeli soldier and politician (d. 1964).
- Ruth Fernández: Puerto Rican singer and politician (d. 2012)
- The University of California opens its second campus in Los Angeles. Initially called Southern Branch of the University of California (SBUC), it is eventually renamed the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Henry Burr
- Arabian Nights - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sand Dunes - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?