Saturday 3 May 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Seeger and John Cullen Murphy.
The Red Lantern, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1919 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Pete Seeger: American folk singer.
- John Cullen Murphy: American comic strip artist (d. 2004).
- Betty Comden: Brooklyn, New York -- Song writer (Comden & Green-Bells are Ringing).
- John Murphy: American soldier and illustrator (d. 2004).
- Afghanistan Emir Amanoellah begins war against Great Britain.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Marion Harris
- Till We Meet Again - Prince's Orchestra